The operations are centred around Marvel Loch, located 375km east of Perth, Western Australia 235km west of Kalgoorlie and 32km south of the town of Southern Cross. The operation is located in the heart of the Southern Cross Greenstone Belt, which hosts a known gold endowment of >10Moz. SXO Minjar operations currently hold more than 1,100km2 in tenement holdings.
Southern Cross is supported by all the necessary infrastructure to deliver on its current LOM plan, including:
- 1Mtpa processing plant which is linked to all gold deposits by private haulage roads
- 320+ person camp at Marvel Loch providing accommodation for employees at site, with a portion of employees also living in the nearby town of Southern Cross
- Fully integrated administration buildings, offices and workshops located on-site
- Existing grid power and water supply
- Access to rail, Great Eastern highways and airports (SXO)
- To be a strategically driven site and team, which operates in a safe and environmentally responsible manner towards delivering enduring value by producing gold at an annualised rate of 160,000oz by 2021.